Single Page Applications (SPA) are built on expanding reach via the browser, reducing round tripping, and enhancing User Experience (UX). This page contains resources for building a SPA. Primarily it focuses on 3 approaches::
General SPA Topics
- SPA and the Single Page Myth
- Compare Durandal to Angular, Not Knockout to Angular
- SideWaffle: Visual Studio Templates for Angular and Durandal
- Build Apps with Angular and Breeze Pluralsight course
- Structuring an Angular App
- Structuring an Angular App as it Grows
- Preparing for Angular 1.2.x Animations
- Angular Snippets for Visual Studio
- Article about Building apps with Angular and Breeze
- Angular modular Nuget packages
SPA (Durandal/Knockout & Breeze) Jump-Start Series
Here is a live demo of the Code Camper Jump-Start Demo. You can also download the source code to Code Camper Jump-Start.
Intermediate Code Camper SPA Series
- Part 1 – The Story Begins (What is the Code Camper SPA?)
- Part 2 – Client Technologies
- Part 3 – Server Technologies (the Data Layer)
- Part 4 – Serving JSON with ASP.NET Web API
- Part 5 – HTML 5 and ASP.NET Web Optimization
- Part 7 – MVVM and KnockoutJS
- Part 8 – Data Services on the Client
- Part 9 – Navigation, Transitions, Storage and Messaging
- Part 10 – Saving, Change Tracking, and Commanding
Here is a live demo of the Code Camper Demo. Watch a free video “SPA with Durandal, Knockout and Breeze”.
Video: Single Page Apps JumpStart
SPA Jump Start is a beginner level training videos at Pluralsight that steps through building a SPA from scratch.
Video: Single Page Apps with HTML5, Web API, Knockout and jQuery
Intermediate level training videos at Pluralsight that demonstrates an end to end solution including the data repository, unit of work pattern, Web API on the server and a full featured SPA on the client.
Create: Hot Towel SPA Visual Studio Project Template
Want to build a SPA but can’t decide where to start? Use the Hot Towel Visual Studio Template and in seconds you’ll have a SPA and all the tools you need to build on it!
Hot Towel is a Visual Studio 2012 ASP.NET MVC project template (VSIX) that creates a great starting point for building a SPA. Out of the box you it provides a modular structure for your code, view navigation, data binding, rich data management and simple but elegant styling.
Hot Towel SPA on NuGet
Hot Towel also comes as a NuGet package that you can add to an ASP.NET MVC application. If you start from scratch, the template is the way to go. If you have an existing project, you can use the NuGet package (which lacks the start-up hooks that the template has).
Hot Towelette SPA on NuGet
Hot Towel also comes as a NuGet package that you can add to an ASP.NET application (no MVC required). If you start from scratch, the template is the way to go. If you have an existing project, you can use the NuGet package (which lacks the start-up hooks that the template has).