By now you know that Silverlight 2 Beta 2 was released Friday evening. There have been some great posts by several people piling up over the weekend on the changes, new features, features still missing, and much more. Here is a quick rundown of some links you should really check out if you are using Silverlight 2 Beta 2.
- ScottGu’s announcement and overview of the release
- (You can get a list of everything you need to get started fro here, too)
- The commercial Go-Live license is available
- Tim Heuer discusses how sockets now are supported by cross-domain policies
- Tim Heuer talks about Silverlight WCF templates and other web service updates
- Shawn Wildermuth talks about his upgrade experiences from beta 1 to beta 2
- Shawn Wildermuth discusses ADO.NET Data Services with Silverlight 2 beta 2
- Shawn Wildermuth’s detailed list of changes in Silverlight 2 beta 2
- What’s new in Expression Blend 2.5 June 2008
- Some of Jesse Liberty’s tutorials are updated to beta 2
- DataGrid changes in beta 2
- What’s new in Deep Composer
- Good Overview and video of the Visual State Manager
- And last but not least … Mike Taulty and Mike Ormond have updated many of their videos to beta 2
And me? I’ve been busy working on my Silverlight 2 book. But I promise to blog some more as I move along.