No, its not out yet (as far as I can tell). Mike Snow of the Visual Studio Web Tools team posted a nice list of the changes that are in the Silverlight 2 Beta 2 Tools for Visual Studio 2008 (phew, long name!). I recommend reading his entire post.
Here are some highlights I pulled out:
- There is much new added support for debug vs release builds of XAP’s. This includes:
- You can now add a Silverlight 2 ready WCF project from a project template
- When converting a project from Beta 1 to Beta 2, you will be prompted for conversion confirmation
- XAML now reports error. Woohoo!!! (yes, I am easily satiated)
A few notes about all of the beta’s that have come out lately and are still coming (from Mike Snow’s post) …
- Uninstalling previous versions is no longer necessary. However, if you install SP1 over Beta 2 you will need to re-install Beta 2 to update the patch. Also, our tools setup removes the Microsoft Blend March Preview. Microsoft Blend will be re-releasing around the same time as the release of our Beta 2 tools.