Aristeidis Bampakos joins John and Ward to talk about his experience building and maintaining an electron app for mapping software. What does Electron give you? What are the benefits of Electron? What about security or authentication? What are the alternatives to Electron?
Building Secure Electron Apps
Recording date: 2020-05-07
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Aristeidis Bampakos @abampakos
Brought to you by
- Visit preemptive.com/realtime for your FREE Realtime Demo of JSDefender. Test out for yourself what your code can look like obfuscated!
- Main and Renderer processes
- Visual Studio Code in Electron
- Slack on electron
- List of apps using electron
- TypeScript on Electron
- Bing Maps
- Google Maps
- Electron quick start
- open layers
- Security Checklist for Electron apps
- Why Security for Electron
- How to fully disable the remote module
- Why remote is harmful
- Building Electron Apps with Ionic Capacitor
- Whatsapp and electron
- Electron governance
- Fermi Labs
- UniFi Dream Machine
- Aristideis on Medium
- 01:31 Guest introduction
- 04:59 What did Electron give you?
- 08:00 Sponsor: jsDefender
- 08:28 What are the benefits of Electron?
- 17:49 What is the interface between HTTP requests and electron apps?
- 21:38 What about security or authentication?
- 30:46 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 31:52 Are there other security concerns when using Electron?
- 34:52 What are the alternatives to Electron?
- 39:14 Who owns Electron and what's the future?
- 42:22 Final thoughts