Diana Rodriguez chats with Ward and John about her experience developing and learning about the Internet of Things. What is IoT? Can you use Python? What plugs into IOT? Is security a concern with IOT? And where should someone get started learning IOT?
Recording date: Oct 22, 2020
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Diana Rodriguez @cotufa82
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- Connect Tech
- What is IoT
- Intro to Azure IoT
- Diana’s blood sugar levels
- Scott Hanselman and displaying your realtime Blood Glucose from NightScout on an AdaFruit PyPortal
- Spark Fun boards
- Tutorial - Create and connect a client app to your Azure IoT central application with Node.js
- Tutorial - IoT and Python
- Remote control cats
- NodeBos on twitter
- María Hernández @Makahernandez
- AdaFruit with Python for IoT
- Arduino education
- Enemy of the State
- IoT Security
- IoT Security on Azure
- Auth0 article on IoT security
- Cisco IoT security
- Faraday cage suit to block connections to your body
- My Octopus Teacher on Netflix
- My Octopus Teacher
- 02:09:00 Guest introduction
- 05:21:20 What is IoT?
- 15:43:21 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 16:47:08 Are you using Python on the chip?
- 28:52:12 Intimidation with new technology
- 37:25:01 Sponsor: Nrwl
- 38:00:06 What things plug into IoT?
- 39:30:23 Where would you get started with IoT?
- 40:54:00 Are you worried about security?
- 51:08:00 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.