Misko Hevery just announced Qwik. What is Qwik? How does Qwik work? What mental model is required for developers to use Qwik? How is Qwik different? And what is the road map for Qwick at this point?
Recording date: 07/01/2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Misko Hevery @mhevery
Brought to you by
- @Qwikdev on Twitter
- A first look at Qwik - the HTML first framework
- Death by Closure (and how Qwik solves it)
- TTI (Time to Interactive)
- Lazy Loading
- Defer attribute in HTML
- Do google analytics slow down my site?
- Adam Bradley on Twitter
- ASP.NET View State
- Qwik on Twitter
- Qwik on GitHub
- Qwik Discord
- 03:54 Guest introduction
- 05:50 What is your new web framework?
- 08:48 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:49 How does it work to delay code that you need?
- 17:34 How does a developer decide how to handle button clicks?
- 22:15 What mental model is required for developers to use this?
- 25:00 How is Qwik different in it's rendering?
- 35:19 Sponsor: Ionic
- 36:07 How does it work with apps that have lots of components?
- 41:52 When did this idea come to you?
- 43:11 We're not taking advantage of browsers in 2021
- 45:35 What's the road map for Qwick?
- 47:32 How do people get started with Qwick now?
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.