WCF is an integral part of the communication stack for Silverlight applications, but sometimes things go wrong, very wrong. How do you fix those issues. In this episode of Silverlight TV, Yavor Georgiev from the WCF and Silverlight team shows you how to identify the problems with your WCF services and how to fix them. He covers several topics including these:
- Setting up your service
- Debugging issues with "add service reference"
- Handling Faults: How to get exceptions propagated from the server to Silverlight
- How to use Fiddler to use with WCF
- Using the new relative address feature in Silverlight 4
- John's blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- The Silverlight Web Services team blog
If you liked this, you might like these Silverlight TV episodes …
- SL TV 44: Top Four Questions from the WCF RIA Services Forum
- SL TV 41: Top Tips for RIA Services
- SL TV 34: Duplex Communication with WCF in Silverlight 4
- SL TV 26: Exposing SOAP, OData, and JSON Endpoints for RIA
- SL TV 18: WCF RIA Services Validation
Follow us on Twitter @SilverlightTV or on the web at http://silverlight.tv
Are you developing with Windows Phone 7? You can pre-order Learning Windows Phone Programming today, by Jaime Rodriguez, Yochay Kiriaty and John Papa! Or check out the book's web site.
Key links for Silverlight TV
Watch Silverlight TV Shows on Channel 9
Watch shows and catch the latest news in our Silverlight TV blog
Subscribe to the RSS feed for the show itself
Subscribe to the show on your Zune
Follow @SilverlightTV on Twitter for updates, alerts for new shows, and to submit comments and feedback.