Maarten Tibau talks with us about the benefits of Type Safety when working with TypeScript. What is type safety? Does the presence of types alone make you safe? How do you make projects more type safe?
Recording date: April 21, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Maarten Tibau @maartentibau
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- Type Safety
- Type-Safe TypeScript
- TypeScript support in VS Code
- TypeScript: The Good, The Bad, and the Type-Safe
- Achieving Type Safety with TypeScript
- Tim Deschryver on Twitter / blog
- Why Ernest Hemingway scissors are so expensive
- TypeScript "Everyday Types"
- TypeScript config file Tsconfig
- Ravioli Code in TypeScript
- Types vs Interfaces in TypeScript
- Wurkin Stiffs - magnetic collar stays
- Time Zone Converter
- 02:29 Guest introduction
- 03:58 What is Type Safety?
- 06:21 What is the value of TypeScript?
- 08:53 Sponsor: Narwhal
- 09:31 Does the presence of Types alone make you safe?
- 16:54 What are the benefits?
- 21:55 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 22:55 How do you make projects more Type Safe?
- 29:22 What's the softer way of not throwing an error?
- 33:15 What's your preference - Types or Interfaces?
- 36:05 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.