In part 1 of a 2 part series, John, Ward, and Craig talk through the history of jQuery, what it was used for, and why it's no longer used as the go to in web development the way it once was.
Recording date: May 12, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brought to you by
- jQuery Tips and Tricks Pluralsight course
- jQuery Getting Started
- Pet Rock
- John Resig
- jQuery on Twitter
- The Story of jQuery, the thread
- jQuery is Ta’Veren
- HTML4 and 5 differences
- Document Object Model (DOM)
- The Web Standards Project
- The History of the Web Browser
- John Resig on Twitter
- Jquery file sizes
- 00:53 What do you think of jQuery these days?
- 02:57 What is jQuery?
- 06:44 What did jQuery do for you?
- 10:38 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 11:42 What jQuery did for Craig
- 13:44 What was Modernizr?
- 18:01 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 19:03 Are we using jQuery today?
- 21:32 What's wrong with jQuery?
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.