We're continuing our conversation about jQuery by talking about how you would've done something with jQuery, and what you'd do now - like finding an element by it's ID, and how to determine the value of modern web frameworks.
Recording date: May 12, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- jQuery Tips and Tricks Pluralsight course
- jQuery Getting Started
- Pet Rock
- John Resig
- jQuery on Twitter
- The Story of jQuery, the thread
- jQuery is Ta’Veren
- HTML4 and 5 differences
- Document Object Model (DOM)
- The Web Standards Project
- The History of the Web Browser
- John Resig on Twitter
- jQuery file sizes
- JQuery selectors
- John Papa’s app written without any web frameworks
- 01:03 Root canal vs jQuery
- 02:21 Sizzle no longer needed
- 03:22 Finding an element by it's ID
- 05:05 Sponsor: Nrwl
- 05:45 DOM manipulation and animations
- 10:51 What is the value of some of these projects?
- 14:50 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 15:57 Writing apps with lots of components
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.