Alexander Lichter talks with us about building with Vue 3 including the differences between the compositions API and options API, reusability vs components, how dependency injection works in Vue, whether you should href or reactive, and what Vue vine is?
title: Lessons from Building with Vue 3
guest: Alexander Lichter
hosts: John Papa, Ward Bell
Recording date: Aug 24, 2023
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Alexander Lichter @TheAlexLichter
Brought to you by
- Alex’s GitHub
- Alex’s LinkedIn
- Alex’s (old but hopefully soon new) website
- Last episode with Alex about Nuxt.js
- DI in Vue.js
- Vue Vine
- Composition API vs Options API in Vue 3
- COBOL program structure and divisions
- TypeScript and Vue
- TypeScript with Vue Options API
- Vue 3 Options API vs Composition API
- Vue 3 Setup function
- The 101 Guide to Script Setup in Vue 3
- Internationalization - i18n - in Vue 3
- Reactivity in Vue 3 with ref and reactive
- Ref vs Reactive in Vue 3
- SFC Playground for Vue
- 00:28 Welcome
- 02:16 Welcome Alexander
- 03:07 What is the compositions API vs options API?
- 09:37 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 10:46 Giving the developer more control over the code
- 13:36 Talking about reusability vs components
- 19:23 What Dependancy Injection is like in Vue?
- 29:19 When should I use href and reactive?
- 42:00 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 42:57 Final thoughts
- 46:23 What is Vue vine?
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.