Tom Preston-Werner is back on the show to update us on what's been happening with RedwoodJS, what RedwoodJS is, how they evaluate which technology to integrate into RedwoodJS, how RedwoodJS goes further than NextJS, thinking about startups at scale, and maintaining software for the long term.
Recording date: Aug 31, 2023
John Papa @John_Papa
Tom Preston-Werner @Mojombo
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- RedwoodJS on Web Rush with Anthony Campolo episode 119
- Netlify and RedwoodJS
- Vercel and RedwoodJS
- Prisma and RedwoodJS
- GraphQL and RedwoodJS
- What is a meta-framework
- Tailwind with RedwoodJS
- Jest with RedwoodJS
- Storybook with RedwoodJS
- RedwoodJS and Vite
- Next Gen tooling with RedwoodJS with Vite and Vitest
- React server components
- RedwoodJS and react server components
- Public roadmap for RedwoodJS Bighorn Epoch
- Why would I choose RedwoodJS over Next.js
- Pino logging
- RedwoodJS startup fund
- RedwoodJS tutorial
- RedwoodJS on YouTube
- RedwoodJS Conference in September 2023
- 00:29 Welcome
- 00:43 Who is Tom Preston-Werner?
- 02:14 What is RedwoodJS?
- 09:21 Sponsor: Narwhal Nx
- 10:00 How do you evaluate new technology and integrate it into Redwood?
- 19:36 How does RedwoodJS go further than NextJS?
- 27:56 What is startups at scale?
- 37:00 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 38:11 Maintainability of software
- 43:53 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.