We talk through some of the myths of web dev that drive us crazy including data without context, tshirt sizing for estimating, test driven development, and performance driven development. What drives you crazy in web dev? We want to hear it!
- No guest this episode
Recording date: Oct 12, 2023
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- Readable Code Ready for Readable Code? - John Papa - YouTube
- Total Addressable Market
- Advantages of Data-Driven Decision Making
- The Seven Pitfalls of data driven estimation
- Effort Estimations are Wishful Thinking
- Story points estimation
- Gilding the Lily
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Is TDD dead?
- Unit, End to End and Integration testing. What is the difference?
- The optimal way to optimize code
- 00:28 Welcome
- 01:44 Finding the thing that you love and getting to do it for the rest of your life
- 03:59 Data is important but so is context
- 10:24 Sponsor: Narwhal
- 10:59 Tshirt sizing or estimations
- 18:46 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 19:51 Should we be testing?
- 26:48 Worrying more about tests than the feature
- 29:38 Does performance matter?
- 36:04 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.