In the second of two navigation videos we filmed for Silverlight TV, Karl Shifflett joins John Papa to demonstrate how he made some simple extensions to the navigation API in Silverlight in order to solve very common business problems. Karl demonstrates how to navigate away from a screen and leave markers indicating that the screen is still active even though it is hidden. He also demonstrates how to manage state while navigating between different pages.
This episode is jam packed with a ton of great navigation strategies and tips that you won't want to miss.
- John's blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- Karl's blog and on Twitter (@kdawg02)
- Non-Linear Navigation post by Karl
- MSDN’s Navigation overview
Follow us on Twitter @SilverlightTV or on the web at http://silverlight.tv
Registration for PDC10 is now open, and space is limited – don’t miss this opportunity to experience the PDC in Redmond. Join the PDC email newsletter for the latest information about PDC10.
Key links for Silverlight TV
Watch Silverlight TV Shows on Channel 9
Watch shows and catch the latest news in our Silverlight TV blog
Subscribe to the RSS feed for the show itself
Subscribe to the show on your Zune
Follow @SilverlightTV on Twitter for updates, alerts for new shows, and to submit comments and feedback.
If you have not watched the previous episodes of Silverlight TV, you can catch them here.
- SL TV 38: Silverlight Navigation – Part 1
- SL TV 37: The Value of Prism 2.2
- SL TV 36: Listbox Templating
- SL TV 35: Advanced Printing Techniques with Silverlight
- SL TV 34: Duplex Communications in Silverlight
- SL TV 33: Silverlight with Transmedia Storytelling
- SL TV 32: Rich Interactions Using Blend 4: Transition Effects and Fluid Layout
- SL TV 31: Diving into the RichTextBox
- SL TV 30: Behaviors in Blend
- SL TV 29: Learning Silverlight and Blend with .toolbox
- SL TV 28: WCRF RIA Services v1.0 Launch!
- SL TV 27: Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 Launch: New Designer Capabilities
- SL TV 26: Exposing SOAP, OData, and JSON Endpoints for RIA Services
- SL TV 25: No More Boxes! Exploring the PathListBox
- SL TV 24: eBay’s Silverlight 4 Simple Lister Application
- SL TV 23: MVP Q&A with Wildermuth, Wahlin, and Bell
- SL TV 22: Tim Heuer on Extending the Silverlight Media Framework
- SL TV 21: Silverlight 4 - Customer Perspectives
- SL TV 20: Community Driven Development with WCF RIA Services
- SL TV 19: Hidden Gems from MIX10, UFC's Multi-Touch App
- SL TV 18: WCF RIA Services Validation
- SL TV 17: Build a Twitter Client for WP7 with Silverlight
- SL TV 16: Top Features in Silverlight 4
- SL TV 15: Announcing Silverlight 4 RC at MIX10
- SL TV 14: Developing Windows 7 Phone with Silverlight
- SL TV 13: MVVM Light Toolkit
- SL TV 12: The Best Blend 3 Video Ever!
- SL TV 11: Dynamically Loading XAPs with MEF
- SL TV 10: Silverlight Hyper Video Platform
- SL TV 9: MIX 10K Challenge
- SL TV 8: Silverlight Client for Facebook
- SL TV 7: When and Where to use MEF
- SL TV 6: Creating Customer Pre-Loaders
- SL TV 5: Using Metadata with MEF
- SL TV 4: 3 Steps to MEF – Export, Import, Compose
- SL TV 3: Multi-Touch 101 with Silverlight
- SL TV 2: Perspectives on Flash and Silverlight
- SL TV 1: The Joys of Trusted Out-of-Browser Applications in Silverlight 4