Live from the official launch event for Silverlight 4, John talks with a panel of guests who build applications using Silverlight. Franck Jeannin of Ormetis, Ward Bell of IdeaBlade, and Dave Wolf of Cynergy Systems discuss both what they showed in the keynote at DevConnections and their experiences with Silverlight. This is a great discussion of their perspectives on Silverlight and the competitive landscape with Flash and HTML 5 for their respective companies.
All 3 of these guests presented during the Silverlight 4 launch keynote alongside Scott Guthrie, so be sure to check out their presentations from this link.
- John's Blog and John on Twitter
- Ward Bell's Blog and his company, IdeaBlade and Ward on Twitter
- Dave Wolf's company, Cynergy Systems and Dave on Twitter
- Franck Jeannin's company, Ormetis and Franck on Twitter
- Silverlight 4 Features (or download here)
- Follow us on Twitter @SilverlightTV
- Silverlight Training Course on Channel 9
You can see the episode online by clicking this link or clicking the mage below:
Key links for Silverlight TV
Watch Silverlight TV Shows on Channel 9
Watch shows and catch the latest news in our Silverlight TV blog
Subscribe to the RSS feed for the show itself
Subscribe to the show on your Zune
Follow @SilverlightTV on Twitter for updates, alerts for new shows, and to submit comments and feedback.
If you have not watched the previous episodes of Silverlight TV, you can catch them here.
- SL TV 20: Community Driven Development with WCF RIA Services
- SL TV 19: Hidden Gems from MIX10, UFC's Multi-Touch App
- SL TV 18: WCF RIA Services Validation
- SL TV 17: Build a Twitter Client for WP7 with Silverlight
- SL TV 16: Top Features in Silverlight 4
- SL TV 15: Announcing Silverlight 4 RC at MIX10
- SL TV 14: Developing Windows 7 Phone with Silverlight
- SL TV 13: MVVM Light Toolkit
- SL TV 12: The Best Blend 3 Video Ever!
- SL TV 11: Dynamically Loading XAPs with MEF
- SL TV 10: Silverlight Hyper Video Platform
- SL TV 9: MIX 10K Challenge
- SL TV 8: Silverlight Client for Facebook
- SL TV 7: When and Where to use MEF
- SL TV 6: Creating Customer Pre-Loaders
- SL TV 5: Using Metadata with MEF
- SL TV 4: 3 Steps to MEF – Export, Imp ort, Compose
- SL TV 3: Multi-Touch 101 with Silverlight
- SL TV 2: Perspectives on Flash and Silverlight
- SL TV 1: The Joys of Trusted Out-of-Browser Applications in Silverlight 4