Simon MacDonald educates us on the value of functional web apps. What are functional web apps? Why do we need functional web apps? Do we still need static assets or HTML? How is this different from microservices?
Recording date: 3/31/2002
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Simon MacDonald @Macdonst
Brought to you by
- Functional Web Apps
- Server Side Generation vs Incremental Static Generation
- Web Components
- 00:53 Guest introduction
- 02:05 What are fuctional web apps?
- 03:29 Why do we need functional web apps?
- 07:22 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:25 Do we still need static assets or HTML?
- 14:05 What's the process to build a form based application?
- 18:21 It's still faster than pregenerating the data?
- 22:29 Sponsor: Ionic
- 23:08 How is this different from microservices?
- 28:48 Is this more like micro apps than micro services?
- 30:18 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.